To add a new email address:
- Enter the email address to be created in the Emailfield.
- If you manage more than one domain, make sure to select the appropriate domain from the pull-down menu.
- Enter the password in the Passwordfield.
- You can use the Generate Password link to have a strong password generated for you.
- Enter the quota.
- The quota defines how much hard drive space the account will be allowed to use.
- Click Create.
Once the account has been created, you will see a screen presenting the newly created email address, login name, and quota. On this screen you can choose to manage existing accounts, including automatically configuring your desktop mail client for this email account.
Existing addresses are displayed in the table under Current Accounts. Using this table, it is possible to:
- Access your account through webmail.
- See how much disk space the account uses.
- Delete an email address.
- Change a quota limit.
- Change a password.
- Define a security policy.
- Configure a mail client.
Remove an Address
To delete an email address:
- Click the Delete link corresponding to the account you wish to remove in the list under Current Accounts.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the address by clicking Yeson the following page.
- If you wish to keep the email address, click No.
Change the Quota Limit
The quota limit for the address defines the amount of mail (in Megabytes) that can be stored to the mailboxes. Once this limit is exceeded, any incoming mail will be returned to the sender with a message stating that the recipient’s mailbox is full. When the quota is reached, new incoming messages will be stored on the server for a 48-hour period before being deleted. They will not be delivered to your inbox until you delete old emails.
Since a full quota will prevent you from receiving mail, it is important to keep track of quota usage.
To change your mail quota:
- Enter the new email quota (in Megabytes) into the appropriate field. For an unlimited account, enter zero.
- Click Change to store the new value. Note: You will not be able to exceed the quota set by Doteasy.
Change the Password
A secure password is one that contains no dictionary words and is comprised of both upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols. cPanel comes complete with a password generator for generating a secure password.
To change the password:
- Type your new password into the New Password box.
- Confirm your new password in the field below.
- Click Change to store the new password.